Spring is a season of renewal and growth, and it's the perfect time to spruce up your garden with some colorful and vibrant plants.
However, if you have a furry friend, it's essential to choose plants that are pup safe. Here are some pup-friendly garden plants that are sure add beauty and color to your backyard.
- Marigolds: These bright, cheery flowers are a great addition to any garden as they can help repel insects.
- Pansies: Pansies are a favorite for their cheerful faces and bright colors.
- Cosmos: Cosmos are easy to grow and come in a range of colors, including pink, white, and red. They also attract butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden.
- Nasturtiums: Nasturtiums are a popular edible flower that can add a spicy flavor to salads and other dishes while adding a pop of color to your garden.
- Sunflowers: These tall, cheerful flowers are a favorite for their bright yellow petals and towering height. They can provide an excellent source of shade for your pup.
- Zinnias: These colorful flowers come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can add a playful touch to your garden.
- Calendula: Calendula, also known as "pot marigold," is a popular herb that is commonly used in natural remedies.
- Alyssum: These tiny flowers come in a variety of colors and can add a delicate touch to your garden.
- Sage: Sage is a popular herb that is commonly used in cooking and natural remedies. It can add a lovely fragrance to your garden.
- Roses: Roses come in a variety of colors and fragrances, making them a popular choice for gardens. Though they are non-toxic to dogs, you still need to be wary of thorns.